A collection of our girls' stories and how they continue to keep us young at heart, yet make us gray in doing so.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Peter(ette) Pan

As you probably know, our girls are rather obsessed with pirates. This obsession took a bit of a blow this morning, however. In the wee hours of the morning, Addi comes into our room and leans in so she is nose to nose with me (in the process of groggily waking up).
"Ma ma, is Peter Pan a girl or a boy?"
"(Yawn) He's a boy, and it's too early to get up right now, so let's go back to bed."
A deep, mournful sigh comes from Adelaide. I thought she was getting ready to argue about going back to bed, but instead she just slumps her shoulders down and scuffles back to her room. Before closing the door, I hear her say, "I like girls better."

;)

While I generally don't like to be the bearer of bad news, this was the first time she went back to bed voluntarily, so maybe it's not too bad!

No comments: