A collection of our girls' stories and how they continue to keep us young at heart, yet make us gray in doing so.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Most PC Letter to Santa

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, the girls were rambunctious, and so was my spouse!

In an effort to take a little breather, I tried to rope in Hannah to write a letter to Santa. I thought it would be a quick request for the pink puppy dog she had been talking about for weeks and then she'd quickly zip back to running laps around our living room. But I ended up dictating the most politically correct letter Santa has probably ever received!
Dear Santa,
I hope you like the cookies - I made the pink candy cane ones! But be careful coming down our chimney - we put lights up so you could see, but try not to trip on them and get all tangled up. And don't eat the carrots, they are for the reindeer. Can you take them up the chimney with you and give them to your reindeer so they won't get hungry? Our roof is so slippery, I didn't want them to fall. And Mom says we can't have reindeer in the house or Penny would get scared. We have toys on the floor by the chimney, too. Don't trip on them!
With a little coaxing from me, she somewhat focused:

I've tried to be a good girl this year. Adelaide has, too ... but sometimes she doesn't know any better. She's still little (she says while doing a little shoulder shrug). All I want for Christmas is a pink puppy dog if you can find it. I drew a picture of it on the front. If not, can I be a fairy? Adelaide just wants kisses from me. Oh, and chocolate!

Thanks, Santa! I hope you have a safe trip back to the North Pole! Remember, don't trip on our lights! It's slippery out there!

Love, Hannah






1 comment:

Karen said...

I know this comes a bit after Christmas, but today is the first chance I had to sit down and type. Sorry not so timely - few things are these days, however! ;)